Teaching on Tuesday is going well, very well. Anna hangs out in the Hotsling. Everyone enjoys their engaging classes and the enriching company. But come Wednesday, we're just tired. We don't go anywhere. We don't get dressed. If I'm lucky, we get half our school lessons complete, and I end the day with a hot shower.
Jesse took the picture this morning. Although I'd just gotten out of bed, I almost fell back to sleep. I love how our arms are in almost the same position.
Confession: Cleanliness of the body is not the highest priority here. Or rather it's not an obsession here as it has become in our current culture. Children are soaped up once a week. Dirty summer feet are rinsed at night. And our baby was not bathed until she was 3 weeks old.
Copy this note, ask your kid(s) the questions and write them down exactly how they respond.
1. What is something mom always says to you? s: We'll work on it. d: It's time to do math. l: okay a: hello, Anna
2. What makes mom happy? s: when I take care of my brother and sister d: when I say please l: helping her a: when I latch properly
3. What makes mom sad? s: when I hurt my brother and sister d: when I hurt someone l: not helping her a: when I forget to latch properly
4. How does your mom make you laugh? s: by tickling me! d: She tickles you. l: by telling silly jokes a: I don't laugh yet
5. What was your mom like as a child? s: She had alot of allergies. d: I can't remember. l: being a good child a: ohh
6. How old is your mom? s: 29 d: I don't know. l: I do not know how old you are. a: 10 months
7. How tall is your mom? s: no idea, all I know is that she's taller than me d: I don't know. l: really tall a: tall
8. What is her favorite thing to do? s: She likes to sit down and listen to me read to her. d: nurse baby sister l: play and take care of the baby a: sleep
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? s: I have no idea. d: She takes care of baby sister. l: (after much thought, whispered) I do not know a: but she's always around
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? s: her teaching d: babysitting l: dancing a: babies
11. What is your mom really good at? s: taking care of children d: nursing baby sister l: taking care of the baby a: I defer to my siblings.
12. What is your mom not very good at? s: not much d: I can't think of anything. l: playing with Moe a: no response
13. What does your mom do for her job? s: teaches! d: She teaches at co-op. l: take care of the baby a: nurse
14. What is your mom's favorite food? s: healthy food d: red lentils l: carrot soup a: jello
15. What makes you proud of your mom? s: She can handle four children. d: I don't really know. l: helping her take care of the baby a: we nurse
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? s: She'd be a homeschool mom. d: Enchanted, the one who goes back to the fairy land at the end and brings her cell phone and she throws it on the ground, but she used to be in the real world l: a princess, since princesses are really tall a: that cow goddess
17. What do you and your mom do together? s: do school d: We do math. l: take care of the baby a: nurse, sleep
18. How are you and your mom the same? s: We both have brown hair and we are both girls. d: I know how to cook sausages, and my mom knows how to cook sausages. l: because we are both people a: we ARE the same
19. How are you and your mom different? s: I have more energy. d: My mom can cook red lentil soup and I can't. l: because we don't do the same things a: but we ARE the same
20. How do you know your mom loves you? s: I just know it. d: She says, "I love you." l: because she says that a: we nurse
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? s: to her mommy friends' houses d: to yoga l: to the playground, because then her children can play a: to bed
Baby Sister arrived yesterday at 3:42pm! She was born at home (planned) in a doorway (not planned.) She weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. Leah says, "Now it's time to write her names! Her name is Cute Baby. Her middle name is Milk. Button is her nickname because she's as cute as a button."
Ah, Baby Sister does not have a name yet. Mommy has to work on that, along with sleeping and cuddling.
wife and lover, mother, LLL Leader, teacher: with our five at home, preschool, piano, catechist. husband grows an organic garden while I hang laundry all year long. striving to be a connected, cooperative, problem solving, interpersonal family.