Sunday, June 14, 2009

changes - garden III

Things are growing here too, in garden 3 and Leah's box.
garden 3
summer squash
strawberries (finished for the year)
mystery plant spreading into the yard
There's also some volunteer gourds, another cucumber and then some pumpkin behind the summer squash.

Leah's patch
a small forest of volunteer tomatoes

The beautiful, big tomatoes took over what she actually planted - one strawberry, one onion and some carrots.


$5 Dinner Mom said...

Fun to see your progress!

Blessings on your harvest!


glutenfree4goofs said...

Your mystery plant looks a bit like zuccini. Yum! I just had to stop by from $5 dinners because I love your title. :) My favorite flower in the whole world is the sunflower! Happy planting. I'm a mom of 4 too, I homeschool, "farm" and love crafts including the yarn kind in the winter. :) Nice to meet you.
Jessie at Blog Schmog

Anonymous said...

I think your mystery plant may be watermelon. Zuccini tends to grow out from the middle, not spread like tentacles.

Patricia said...

anon ~ It is indeed some type of melon. It has fruit now. Only it doesn't look like a watermelon. I'll post a picture when we get back from our second vacation.

Patricia said...

Jessie ~ It is a pleasure meeting you as well. Thank you so much for stopping by! I've been partial to sunflowers since highschool. My Jesse (DH) and I were just saying how lucky I was to get the blog name I did. =) Oh, and I'm gluten free too.

Maya / מיה said...

I'm hungry!! Beautiful veggies!

Patricia said...

thank you! (miss you Maya, *hugs*)