Thursday, September 25, 2008

when it rains it pours

It's raining, in sheets. When the rain stops, the wind blows, or gusts hard enough to rip tree branches down. And the streets are flooding. Rather, you can watch high-tide flow through parts of the city. Oh, and our yard is sprouting mushrooms. What the?? They were not there last night when I picked up all the bikes and such. Now there are four large patches of a brown mushroom popping up. Needless to say, it's wet here.

And the barometric pressure is not doing well inside. First, I only got 6 hours of sleep; silly me trying to get too much done on the computer. Then my dh stayed home for an extra 90 minutes this morning, to take a nap. I'm trying to be grateful that I could give him that, but I could use a nap too, you know. The icing of the morning was walking into the kitchen to find our dog licking something red off the floor in front of the fridge. I opened it to find two quarts of hearty veggie stew spilling out of its container and seeping out the door. Unfortunately, I spewed some pantry words in the school room and went to holler at the kids for creating such a wasteful mess. (From a good friend, swearing is done in the pantry, therefore creating pantry words.) David was crushed. He shut himself in his room. Leah ignored me and asked me to draw her a fairy. I called a friend before I lost it further. She helped me calm down as I scraped the stew into the dog's bowl, unloaded the bottom of the fridge, mopped everything up and put everything back together. Thanks to Amy, my storm eased enough so I could apologize to David and see my silver linings. I've wanted to clean that part of the fridge for weeks, and we were out of dog food. So Moe was well fed, the bottom half of my refrigerator was clean and we were all cheerful afterwards.

Now the toilet's leaking... seriously.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sweetie everybody had it bad today trust me.

Patricia said...

thank you!!! *hugs*